About the cause of the belt conveyor accident
A belt conveyor is a friction-driven machine that continuously conveys materials. Belt conveyors are widely used in coal mines, logistics, transportation, steel and other industries. It is mainly used to transport various solid bulk and powder materials or finished products. The conveyor belt can be conveyed continuously and inclined. The conveyor belt is easy to use, easy to maintain and low in cost. It can shorten the transportation distance, reduce engineering costs, reduce enterprise logistics vehicles, and save manpower. Material resources, improve labor efficiency.
The belt conveyor can not only carry out pure material transportation, but also can meet the technological process requirements in the production process of various industrial enterprises to form a rhythmic and continuous pipeline transportation line. Therefore, belt conveyors are widely used in modern industrial enterprises.
The main causes of belt conveyor accidents are as follows:
1.Due to the design and performance of the equipment itself, every rotating part of the drum and idler is a serious pinch point that can injure people. If there are more squeeze points and more risk points, the probability of accidents will be greater. In addition, this device is widely used, so it is often a terrible "killer" in the factory.
2. Insufficient awareness and attention to the hazards of belt conveyors. They are used to some non-standard operations. Long-term irregular and unsafe operations greatly increase the probability of accidents.
Key points to prevent belt conveyor injuries:
1. Operators and managers must correctly and clearly understand the hazards of belt conveyors, and give them a high degree of ideological attention.
2. Belt conveyors must strictly abide by safety operating procedures during operation, inspection, maintenance, overhaul, and troubleshooting.
3. Before starting, the equipment must be inspected, obstacles must be removed, and the belt and the rotating parts of the head and tail wheels must be confirmed before the machine can be started.
4. Rotating parts such as drums must have complete and reliable safety protection facilities.
To sum up, it is the reason that affects the accident of the belt conveyor. I believe that it will be helpful to you after my introduction.